It was bad enough when we had to try and eat our recommended 5 portions a day of fruit and vegetables, but now they are recommending that we should eat 9 or even 10 portions a day!
Now I don’t know about you but this can be a tough one to do. So I was delighted when someone introduced me to the Nutribullet. It made this process so much easier. I now make myself a juice every day (well most days!) for breakfast which is packed with both fruit and veg. I must admit in the winter I do struggle with eating cold foods, but I do think it is for the greater good in the long run. Saying that, if you have a ‘cold condition’ and your Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner has recommended that you stay clear of cold food and drinks, then probably this blog is not for you!
I have never really followed any particular recipes and have chucked lots of weird and wonderful things into my juice. Some worked and some didn’t ! Here is what I had for breakfast today!
- 1 handful of Organic Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1 handful of Kale or Spinach
- 2 pieces of fruit (whatever you have in your fruit bowl)
- 1 teaspoon of seeds (I’m using Chia Seeds at the moment)
- 1 Scoop of Neal’s Yard Remedies Superfood (I flit between Organic Greens Complex and Organic Berry Complex depending on my mood!)
- half fill the NutriBullet container with water
- Then give it a blast in the NutriBullet until it has been pulverised!
COLOUR WARNING – If green drinks offend you then please look away!